Thursday, August 5, 2021

Barbra Streisand interview ( part of talking about Barry Gibb)

new cd Release Me 2, 2021 

 There's even more fun to be had on the Barry Gibb duet, If Only You Were Mine. An offcut from 2005's Guilty Pleasures, it features a mischievous back-and-forth between the singers, who critique each other's vocals over breezy bossa nova groove.

 "I was having fun with him," Streisand recalls."The rhythm of the song gives you that leeway to play. And I love to play." Their relationship goes back to 1981, when Streisand enlisted the Bee Gees star to write and produce her 22nd album, Guilty, at the same time as she was working on the script to Yentl. "It worked out perfectly for my life, because I could be writing, while he was mixing the track," she recalls. "Then I would sing the song 10 times. 

That's what he wanted me to do, sing the song 10 times - because every time I sing any song, I do it differently. "And so I was able to trust myself with him and it was just the easiest album I've ever made." GuiIty became Streisand's most successful record, producing hit singles like Woman In Love and the melodramatic duet What Kind of Fool. 

 


 https://beegeesfanfever.blogspot.com/

No comments: