Monday, March 5, 2018

Peta Gibb remembering her dad Andy

  

 Peta Gibb Weber: 
"I choose to remember my father today, March 5, on what should have been his 60th birthday. I wish he was here to celebrate with us and to be the dad to me, the husband to my mother, the pop to his grandchildren and the mate to my husband that we have all needed but he was never given the chance to be. 
I won't be commenting further on the 10th. I prefer not to commemorate the events of 30 years ago, events that never should have happened in the first place, took away a young life with so much unfulfilled potential far too soon and caused so much unnecessary pain. What happened in March 1988 remains etched clearly in my mind forever but I have no further wish to talk about it publicly. Just please know that I am now absolutely at peace with how things turned out but I will never forget. 
So, happy birthday to my father in heaven. For me personally, this time is not a time for celebration. It is about making sure what happened to Andy Gibb (and too, too many others like him) stops happening. History continues to repeat itself and, with this in mind, if you possibly can, please consider a practical tribute to my father's memory via a contribution to @musicsupport_uk or @musicares. These organisations provide invaluable and tireless support to musicians and others in the music industry struggling with mental illness and addiction. 
And finally - let the music live on. For that is all we really have left. I have more news about that coming very, very soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry about your dad Andy. I grew up listening to his music. The gibbs brothers sponsored a walkathon. my sister and me signed up for the walkathon to get a chance to see them.


Unknown said...

Just a fan..Till this day I still listen to his music and cry..Your dad was gorgeous inside and out. My kids always ask questions about his music..They have heard of the Bee Gees but not Andy.But now they listen to his music still today. MISS YOU ANDY!!❤❤❤