Sunday, August 10, 2014

RJ about the article about his mother's play and cd Robin Gibb 50 St. Cat's Drive

Myself and Megan never agreed to our child Max's image being used in the paper, we were never consulted. We were told that we would be able to see the article before print, and then the appropriate pictures would be selected.

We never saw a preliminary write up of the article and if they got the go ahead from someone else, they should not have complied. I call on the paper in question to now remove Max's image from at least their on-line posting if they have any respect for ...a child and the wishes of his parents, and before they even try to say anything about my mother's presence in the photograph then I will state now of course that it has nothing to do with her and all to do with the article astride the photograph.

No shame, it's the same old stuffings. It is truly boring now, like the literary version of watching bad soap opera repeats. There were great interviews that had taken place with us for that article, on upcoming projects, new songs that my father wrote, songs my father and I wrote together and much much more, information that I'm sure lots of people would have been interested in knowing, but no mention.

Why interview anyone when you know what your going to print from the get go? Also, my mothers play was written years ago, in the 90's as a fiction. She turned people she knew in the villages around Northern Ireland, (where she grew up), into characters. For the papers to somehow relate the play to my father is ridiculous. According to them I compiled songs of my father's for 50 St Cats
Really, apart from a couple of remakes of older songs, new songs were composed for 50 St. Cat's by my father, myself and my father, and Pete Vetesse.


 As anyone who is a true fan or who is familiar with the story knows, my father began writing songs for 50 St. Cat's Drive with Peter John Vetesse. My father and I then composed songs and wrote lyrics for 50 St. Cat's before we began work on the Titanic Requiem. After his passing, I went into Red Bus Studios in London and finished the production of the album before it finally went on to Metropolis for the mix down.
Best wishes to all RJ

No comments: