Thursday, May 17, 2018

Kelly Lang and her song for Barry Gibb the one standing in the rain

The final song from her album Obsession to hit our list and earn a nomination for the Spirit Awards is “Last One Standing In The Rain.”  When you first listen to this song, you may think that it is a song about a bad break-up or the loss of a loved one.  However, Kelly assures us that it is a song about her friend Barry Gibb and being the last of the Bee Gees left standing on stage.


   “I wrote that song about Barry Gibb.  I was walking around my pool one day and I had back surgery and I was really down, really blue.  I was thinking about him—he had just lost his last brother and he was telling me how sad he was.  It’s so weird for him going on stage being the last man, the last man standing. He was so sad, so depressed about it.” solemnly shares Kelly. “I was able to travel with him to Australia to see where his brothers and him grew up, played on the golden shore together, dreamt together, they sang together… he can hear his brothers still in his ears when he is on stage. So that song is all about Barry Gibb and the loss of all his brothers.”
  If you listen closely you will here some of the Bee Gee lyrics within the song.  When she shared the song with Barry, he was honored but requested that she change the words ‘man’ to ‘one.’
 
 
 
source: strictlycountry.com
 

No comments: