Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Message Spencer Gibb about passing Robert Stigwood

I would like to share the sad news with you all, that my godfather, and the longtime manager of my family, Robert Stigwood, has passed away.
A creative genius with a very quick and dry wit, Robert was the driving force behind The Bee Gees career, as well as having discovered Cream, and subsequently managing Eric Clapton.

 He was also of course, the creator of the movies Saturday Night Fever and Grease, and many Broadway musicals with Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. RSO Records pretty much defined the late 70’s.
 Of course, his biography is very extensive and can easily be found online…..I would like to thank Robert for his kindness to me over the years as well as his mentorship to my family. “Stiggy", you will be missed.

Spencer Gibb 



 http://beegeesfanfever.blogspot.nl/

No comments: